Picked a Loch

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Picked a Loch

Post by zeb »

Hi Guy's
Went back to Scotland for a bit of camping and paddling last weekend.
Its Scotland so it rained but armed with new toy, clothing was easily dried!Image

Its also handy for cooking too!
Browned a little brisket on gas stove,then into Dutch oven with onions ect.
Well there were two of us!

On the loch

Brew stop
I love this canoe!

There is a red kite in there somewhere!
Paddled back to camp site into a strong head wind and the loch got quite bumpy.
the Sasquatch behaved impeccably,did I say I love this boat?!!!

Tupperware party with a wooden intruder :wink:
All The Best
Zeb
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Picked a Loch

Post by john the pom »

I lived in the UK for 30 years so I kinda understand, realy I do...
But a fire in a stove inside a tent :shock:
Am probly coming over that way again in a month or so.
Do you think you can reserve some nice weather please :mrgreen:
How the hell did Kayak Jack get in amongst your pics?
Cheers John.
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Another good report Zeb. Which loch was it?

I can relate to the photo of the kite. I have tried to get decent shots of the Nankeen Kestrels and Australian Black Shouldered Kites that hover over our local coastal cliffs but no matter how close they seem to look they are always tiny in the photos. I think it takes a powerful zoom to get decent pics.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
zeb

Post by zeb »

How about bringing some Aussie weather with you John?I hear there's a big yellow thing in the sky!
Tent stove is great!no worries!!
The loch is Loch Ken Bob in Dumfries and Galloway, I've paid to leave the canoe there as it's a great little site and only just over 130 mile trip.
One of these days I will get a decent picture of a kite or a buzzard or an eagle,my sister had the privilege of seeing an osprey take a fish on a lake they were camping at last weekend,she said the Osprey had more luck than her husband who never had a bite all day :lol:
All The Best
Zeb
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

How about bringing some Aussie weather with you John?
You probly wouldn't want this year's weather. We've actually had more rain this year than we got with the realy bad floods we had last year. As I write I think we're getting close to an average years rain with six months to go. Having said that it's glorious sunshine outside.
(we tend to get all our rain in big chunks rather than it be spread out over 365 days like you :lol:) It's midwinter here and I have to wear a sweater on top of a tee shirt :roll: . A typical winter day here is usually min7 degrees c max 19 degrees c. I know you'd kill for weather like that in summer :mrgreen:
zeb

Post by zeb »

john the pom wrote:
How about bringing some Aussie weather with you John?
. A typical winter day here is usually min7 degrees c max 19 degrees c. I know you'd kill for weather like that in summer :mrgreen:
Yes !!!!!
All The Best
Zeb