New Shop

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
Wannabe

Re: New Shop

Post by Wannabe »

Neon,
Before you buy a bunch of blades to fit your bandsaw, do your self a huge favor and install a six inch riser so you will have the ability to cut 12 inches instead of 6. If they are still building the saws like they used to it will take a 105 inch blade.
Bob
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

Wannabe wrote:Neon,
Before you buy a bunch of blades to fit your bandsaw, do your self a huge favor and install a six inch riser so you will have the ability to cut 12 inches instead of 6. If they are still building the saws like they used to it will take a 105 inch blade.
Bob

This is a good idea: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/bs-2.htm
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

I looked at that saw today and it does unbolt so I will be looking at getting that riser, thanks for that tip!

Hanging the shop lights tomorrow and 2 outside lights. All of the wiring is already done.

Mom said Dad accidentally ordered a car lift the other day, luckily I accidentally prewired for one. That thing should be fun to install.

After the lift all thats left to do is float and tape, texture, and paint the walls in the main part of the shop. And paint the floor. I will post some more picks soon.
neon14

Post by neon14 »

Its been a busy last few weeks running back and forth to Corpus Christi to get stuff. 400 mile round trip. But I have managed to make some progress. Built a nice big table with casters for the wood shop. Also made benches for the router and planer.

The big deal this last week was getting the lift installed. I had pre wired for a lift, but Dad wound up getting an extra wide one. It would not fit and had to be put on the other side of the shop. More wiring lol! Good thing is it is installed and Dad got to change his oil, he was so happy!

Its getting close to done. Just now getting things organised and set up. Still have to build a few more benches and stuff. Its getting there.
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Rodot, that's just women's speak for 'Hell, no you can't have that!' :lol: :lol:

You've got to find something that she needs room for and build it in to the shed, then it's sure to be a done deal.

I'm just lucky mine let me build my yak. We've got re-furnishing to complete and our daughter's wedding next year. I ought to be grateful :roll:

In 4wding speak the lady is known as the 'hand brake'. Work it out :lol:
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

This would be a nice tool for the shop a homemade 6X120 edge sander...One of the first tools I made over 20 yrs. ago..
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 1&t=153939
neon14

Post by neon14 »

Dad sold a few motorcycles and decided to kick up the shop a little bit.
Got a tig welder. Have been practicing every time I go over there. Tig welding is hard, but I am getting better at it.

Right off the bat I started thinking Stitch&Weld :D It could happen, you never know.

And today we went to San Antonio and picked up this bad boy.
Now this is right up my ally. This really opens the door up for building some cool stuff. He also picked up a grizzle bench top mill last month. This pretty much completes the shop I think.

Now I have to wire this thing up Monday. Which was not originally in the shop plans.